Today we met at the bread shop and discussed basic greetings as well as ordering coffee.
Me: Wǒ yào yī bēi měishì kāfēi, bīng de (could also be "..., rè de"). jīa niúnǎi, bù yào tāng. Nǐ yào hē shénme?
Lanny: Wǒ yào nátǐe, rè de.
Me: Xiǎojiě, jiā nátǐe, rè de. Qíng wèn, yígòng duōshǎo qián?
Cashier: Yī bǎi bā shí qián.
Me: Hǎo de
Homework: go to strangers (or Taiwanese friends), ask them the below phrase, and then get them to write their name on a sheet of paper Lanny gave me.
- Wǒ xiǎng qíng nǐ bángmáng wǒ.
- Báng wǒ xǐe nǐ de míngzi, .......(I forgot!)
Key vocabulary and phrases
- Míngtiān jiàn - 明天見 - See you tomorrow
- Tā jìao nǐ qù nàli - 她叫你去那裏 - He called you over there
- Question: how would you respond, "where?"
- Gǒu zài jiào - 狗在叫 - the dog is "calling"
- Māo - 貓 - cat